Today I'm gonna show you, how to make a real looking beard.
I made them for a biggest larp battle in Czech Republic called Battle of five armies which is inspired by Hobbit (the book, not the movie!)
You will need:
- rubber band
- thread and needle, scissors
- paper and pencil
- batik colors, hair colors
1) Make a template from a paper according to your face and chin. Then cut it and try to put it on your face, so you can adjust it. After that copy the pattern to the fabric and cut it out. Cut the mouth hole in half and then fold the fabric and glue it. It will reinforce the base. After that sew the pocket for the chin.
2) Then just sew stripes of oakum onto it. There isn't much to say, look at the photos and you'll get it. Sew the moustache part horizontaly, not verticaly as the rest of beard! After that just attach a rubber band.
3) Now you are almost done! You can also dye beard so they would match to your hair color or you can simply hide them under some hat (or, as in my case, under the helmet). In the end just make some pigtails and/or add some jewelry and proudly wear them! :D
I hope you like this instructable and I'll be glad for any comments!
Participated in the
Halloween Costume Contest