Loved cooking and creating since I was a kid so here is my first cooking tutorial for you to enjoy!
These are tasty, quick and easy to make fritters.
Perfect for a snack or added to a plate of salad or hot vegetables as a meal
Step 1: INGREDIENTS:
3 fresh eggs
1 tin flavored tuna - my fave is sweet chili or tomato and basil
1/2 cup chopped parsley
6 heaped tablespoons "My Baking Mix" (add more if needed)
- Break the eggs into a bowl along with the parsley, tuna and "My Baking Mix"
- Lightly whisk until combined
- Add more "My Baking Mix" if batter is a bit thin. You want it to be a 'drop' consistency that will not spread in the pan
- Add a little fresh ground black pepper if desired for more flavor
To make a bigger batch use a larger tin of tuna and add a 1/2 cup of tinned or cooked corn kernels to the batter along with a little of the liquid
Step 2: "MY BAKING MIX"
4 1/4 C plain flour
1/4 C baking powder
113g (4oz) butter - room temperature
- Cut butter into cubes.
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until butter is blended.
- Place in a lidded container and store in refrigerator - keeps well for up to 4 weeks
N.B. Allow to come to room temperature before use or sift if cold.
My Baking Mix can be used for fritters, scones, pancakes, pikelets and fruit crumbles Use 1tablespoon per 3 eggs to help set a quiche
Step 3: FRYING THE FRITTERS:
- Allow your non stick pan to become hot.
- Add rice bran oil to cover the surface - this oil does not smoke at high heat, add flavor or taste greasy
- Using a tablespoon or small scoop, drop the measured mixture gently into the shimmering oil - I usually do a large tablespoon per fritter
Step 4: COOK OTHER SIDE:
Turn when bubbles start to appear on the top, don't wait too long as they will be too browned
Step 5: KEEP COOKED FRITTERS WARM:
- As each batch is cooked remove from pan and lay on a paper towel to drain any excess oil
- Keep in a warmed oven or drawer
Step 6: SERVE:
- Make a bed of green salad to lay the fritters onto as shown in the photo and serve
These are also delicious with green beans and creamy mashed carrot & potato with a dash of herb and garlic salt and a little sweet chili sauce on the side
As a party snack - Try making them smaller and arrange on a dinner plate with a small bowl in the center of sweet chili sauce mixed with a little mayo as a dip.