Introduction: FORMcard Pumpkin
With Halloween coming up, why not make your own FORMcard pumpkin!
(If you haven't already heard about FORMcard, they are a handy pocket sized card of bio-plastic that melt in hot water.... see more at www.formcard.com)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
To make this spooky pumpkin you will need:
- A glass jug/cup
- Hot water
- A surface to work on (we have used a glass plate)
- x1 FORMcard
- Place your FORMcard one strip at a time into hot water (we want to create 10 equal strips) and wait until it softens
- Once soft, cut your strip using scissors
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you have 10 equal strips
- Drop one strip at a time into your hot water and wait until it softens
- Widen each strip by gently pulling
- **Try to make the middle of each strip wider than the top so that you can get a good pumpkin shape!**
- While warm, wrap each strip around a teaspoon until it cools
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all strips
- Choose two segments
- Dip the edge of one segment into hot water until soft
- Press the softened edged onto the other segment and leave to cool
- Repeat step 7 for all segments until you have a completed pumpkin!
- You can light your pumpkin using an LED candle/light (we advise against using a candle as although you may wish to reuse your FORMcard at a later date, the heat may cause your pumpkin to melt!)