I've allways wanted to be a gangster. Big shiny necklace and talking trash.
Lucklily I've got a lot of trash in my workspace. I mean loads...
Can't we use that junk to funkify our appearance? Do you like to make something ridiculous?
I say hell yeah! Life is to short to be normal.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
We will need:
- a broken bicycle inner tube.
- some form of pvc pipe, choose your size: the bigger, the more badass.
- some sort of cutting tool for pvc or a metal saw
I must admit: the amount of brainpower that needs to be wielded for this project is minimal.
nonetheless: please be safe, dont put fingers where you want stuff to be cut. Same goes for using a saw. Saw into the material, not your hand. You can use a vice to make this easier.
Step 2: Cut the Bicycle Tube to Strips
We will cut the bicycle inner tube into long strips.
- cut the valve off crosswise
- cut the tube open lengthwise
- cut a smaller strip from the resulting wide strip
- wrap it around your hand for a nice photo (optional).
Step 3: Making the Beads
Make the beads by cutting or sawing the PVC tube to small lengths. You can vary the dimentions of course!
again, watch those fingers!
Step 4: Lace It Up
Lace the small strip through the beads you've just made. Tie a knot in the rubber strip at the lenght you think is most comfortable/ gangsterly. Cut of excess.
Step 5: Show Off
The most important step of all; show off your funky necklace!