This is a simple hydropower setup for home use. Every time you water your plants the generator provides you with free energy which is stored in a power bank. You can use the power bank to power any USB device like your smartphone.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Prepare the Hydro Generator
- Screw Gardena tap connectors on both ends of the micro generator.
- Connect the wires of the generator to the 5V USB regulator. The positive wire (red) of the generator has to be connected to the positive wire (red) of the regulator. The negative (black) wire of the generator has to be connected to the negative (black) wire of the regulator. I used crocodile clips.
Step 2: Connect to Your Hose
- Now connect your hydro generator to your water hose. Ensure the correct water flow direction. There is an arrow on the generator indicating the direction.
- If you are not already using the Gardena system, you will need in addition 2 hose connectors.
Step 3: Ready to Produce Clean Energy!
- Plug your power bank into the 5V USB regulator. (In the picture and in the video I m using a USB voltmeter to check the Voltage)
- Turn on the tap water and start watering your plants.
- Congratulations, you are now producing clean energy for free!