Introduction: How to Make a PCB / PCB Making Guide
In This Instructable, You Will Learn That How To Make A PCB In Just 9 EASY Steps. You Can Make Any PCB In Your Home With This Tutorial, There Is NO NEED OF ORDERING THE PCB ONLINE WHICH IS VERY EXPENSIVE. This Does NOT Require Any Special Skills.
Things Needed :-
1. Copper Clad Board
2. Glossy Photo Paper or Magazine Paper (I Used Glossy Photo Paper)
3. Copper Etching Chemical (Ferric Chloride or Hydrogen Peroxide) (I Used Ferric Chloride)
5. 2 Containers (1 Small And 1 Big) (Make Sure That The Smaller One Gets Fitted Between The Bigger One, There Must Be Space Between Them)
6. Hand Drill Machine (With 1mm Bit)
7. Laser Printer (If You Don't Have Then Draw the Designs With Permanent Marker On Copper Clad Board)
8. PCB Designs On Your Computer (Make Your Own In Proteus Software)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Design Your Schematics and Print Them
Download Any Design Or Make Your Own. I Used Proteus.
Print The Design On Glossy Photo Paper Or Magazine Paper Using Laser Printer Only.
If You Don't Have A Laser Printer Then You Can Draw The Design With Permanent Marker On The Copper Clad Board.
Step 2: Prepare Your Copper Clad Board
To Prepare The Copper Clad Board :-
1. Apply Liquid Soap Or Dishwasher Liquid On The Copper Clad Board
2. Rub Steel Wool On It Till It Gets Shiny
3. Rub It With Scotch-Brite
4. Soak It With Water
5. Finally, Clean It With A Cloth
Now Your Copper Clad Board Is Ready For Toner Transfer (Toner Onto The Board) .
Step 3: Toner Transfer (Transfer of Toner Onto the Board)
For The Toner Transfer:-
1. Heat The iron to its Maximum Setting.
2. Cut The Design And Place It Upside-Down On The Board And Make Sure That It Is Completely on the Board.
3. Slowly Move And Press the Iron On The Board with Pressure For 20-25 Minutes.
Step 4: Washing the Board and Completely Removing the Paper
After Heating, Wash The Board With Water Till the Paper Completely Gets Removed, Now Only Black Lines Are Left on the Board DO NOT REMOVE THOSE LINES. After That IF There Are Any Non Transferred Lines Then Grab A Permanent marker And Draw The Lines.
Step 5: The Etching Method
For The Etching Method :-
1. Boil Approx. 500 ml Of Water In A Utensil For 15-20 Minutes. The Hotter The Water is, The Less Time The Etching Method Will Take.
2. Pour Ferric Chloride In The Small Container.
3. Now, Pour The Boiling Water In Ferric Chloride. (The Hotter The Water is, The Less Time The Etching Method Will Take) (Do Not Completely Fill the Container)
4. Also Pour the Boiling Water In The Big Container (Again, Do Not Completely Fill It)
5. Now Put The Small Container In The Big Container, After Doing That Put The Board In The Small Container
6. Keep Checking That The Copper Is Removed Or Not.
Hold The Board With Tweezers(Not With Hands Like I Am Doing, As It Is A Chemical).
7. If The Copper Is Completely Removed(Like This) Then, The Etching Is Done.
Step 6: Washing It
Now Hold The Board With Spoon Or Tweezers And Wash It With Water And Make Sure That The Chemical Is Completely Removed.
Step 7: Remove the Toner, and You Made a PCB ! ! !
Remove The Toner With A Steel Wool Like Its Shown In The Picture , And You Made A PCB.
Step 8: Drill
Drill The PCB With A 1mm Drill Bit (I Used A Hand Drill)
Step 9: Solder Your Components and Its Ready
Solder Your Components And Its Ready
PLEASE VOTE ME (HM1522)
AND GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR PCB ! ! !