Intro: How to Build the Perfect Zombie Survival Kit...
So you want to learn how to build an excellent zombie survival kit, and honestly your best bet would be to read zombie survival guide by max brooks. However if you lack time, funds or are just lazy I'll cut to the chase and give you a quick, light and excellent kit to survival the undead nightmare...
Step 1: What You Need...
Here's what your Kit should have...
- Rifle,Shotgun or Assault Rifle. I'd prefer a good reliable sks carbine. semi auto, 7.62x39 mm ammo (same as the ak) and a five round clip. Good all around package...and it's a relatively cheap to get.
- 300-600 rounds of ammo. Because you never know.
- Good comfy backpack. You'll need a lot of storage for you gear.
- Sleeping bag. You will have to sleep sooner or later.
- Ear plugs. To drown out the moaning of the undead.
- Red glow sticks. Good light source.
- Hachet or machete. Both make great close quarters weapons and both are excellent survival tools.
- Folding shovel. Another good close quarters weapon... also good for digging latrines.
- Local map. Preferably a state or provincial map with roads/backroads and bodies of water.
- Compass. To work with your map and help you navigate.
- Self powered flashlight and radio. You need to see and keep up with current events.
- Rope. You'll need a lot, say a few hundred feet. And make sure it's of good quality.
- 8' x 10' tarp. Makes a good, quick tent.
- First Aid Kit. Make sure its not a cheap one, and put it in a waterproof bag that gause won't do any good wet.
- 12 big thick garbage bags. Good for everything from waterproofing your pack to making a poncho, to making a shower.
- 2 Rolls Paper towels. Good for toilet paper and snot rags.
- 2 or 3 sets of spare clothing. Obvious reasons...
- Dehydrated/Non perishable Food. MREs, Ramen noodles, canned food, granola, beef jerky it's all good.
- 2 Litres of Clean Drinking water and a means of getting more. Meaning either have a filter kit, or purification tablets or a stove to boil water.
- Deck of Cards and a novel. You will get bored.
- 2 pocket knives. The uses are endless.
- Multitool. again they can do anything from opening cans to cutting wire.
- Credit Card. Who knows when you'll need plastic...and it can jimmy locks.
- 4 Burlap sacks. If you'd like to make a quick foxhole/barricade.
- Waterproof matches/ flint and steel. You'll need fire.
Step 2: What to Wear...
Here's what to wear in a zombie apocalypse....
- Under Armor. It's light and will either keep you cool or keep you warm.
- Motocross/Paintball jersey. They are both a good long sleeve top that can breathe, or have room to add layers underneathe (depends on your climate)
- Soft elbow and knee pads. They dont hamper mobility and keep you comfy. Plus TRY biting through them.
- A solid pair of cargos. Light and have lots of storage space.
- A good headband. To keep the sweat out of your eyes.
- Waterproof hiking boots (broken in). You'll be on your feet a lot.
- Set of goggles that won't fog. Either snowboard, paintball or motocross will do.
- Bandana. to cover your nose and mouth. Things will get messy.
- Good set of gloves. Again motocross or paintball will do.
And keep in mind if it's cold out you'll need to dress/pack accordingly. Just keep in mind to cover up.
Step 3: Thanks for Reading.
Thanks for reading.
TaelynnR made it!