“Don't flatter yourself. I may loathe you, but you don't even make the top twenty. Besides, I'm more than used to working for arrogant men lately, so whoop-dee-doo.” - Raven Darkholme, Earth-616
We Love Colors presents the most popular costumes for Halloween 2016.
A classic and one of the most popular costumes for females is Mystique.
A shapeshifting mutant who captivates the hearts of those around her with her sex appeal, witt and blood thirsty nature. A powerful woman not to be trifled with.
Luckily we put together an easy step-by-step tutorial that does not include any sewing, for how to make Mystique from X-Men. All products are listed at the bottom.
The easiest no-sew classic Mystique you will ever make.
- We Love Colors Turtleneck Leotard in White
- We Love Colors Microfiber tights in Royal x 2
- We Love Colors Imperfect tights or fabric in white
- We Love Colors Shoulder Gloves in White
- Wavy or curly Red Wig
- Craft store skulls x 16
- White boots
- White Spray Paint
- Hot glue gun
- Fabric chalk or marker
- Blue face paint and eye pencil
- Bright red lipstick, lip pencil or face paint (for lips and eyebrows)
- Face sponge
- Gold contacts (optional)
Step 1: How to Make No-Sew Classic Mystique Costume
- Cut open the sides of the imperfect tights to make a long strip or cut a rectangle out of fabric.
- Pleat your fabric on both sides several times and attach it to a pair of imperfect tights in white to serve as a belt.
- Attach the pleated section to the belt.
- Measure on your waist for where to add velcro to attach.
- Attach velcro CAREFULLY cut each skull in half, you will need approx. 16.
- Spray paint each skull face. Set one skull aside for your headband later.
- (NOT PICTURED IN VIDEO) Spray paint boots if they did not start white OR using extra fabric/imperfect make boot covers to pull over them.
- Attach the skulls over the pleated fabric and belt to hide your seams.
- Cut the sleeves off your turtleneck leotard.
- (NOT PICTURED IN VIDEO) Using the extra skull from earlier, and some extra imperfects or fabric, make a headband by measuring your head and gluing the seams for cuts underneath the skull.
- Make a cut in the middle of your tights for your head.
- Pull on your leotard.
- Apply your makeup. Let dry and/or seal.
- Pull on your headband.
- Apply eyebrows, lips and eyes.
- Attach belt, put on boots and gloves.
Step 2: How to Finish Your Classic Mystique Costume
Share your costumes with us on social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) @welovecolors or using #welovecolorsusa.