This is a small paper vase made from two different colored papers. The papers are cut into pieces, folded and then joined with each other like a chain
Please go through the instructable on how to make this small paper vase
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Cut Paper Into Pieces
- You need 12.5 cm x 5 cm size paper strips of 36 pieces in each color. (Total 72 pieces)
- Take A4 or any size papers of two different colors and cut required number of strips to size
Here I have used pink and light green colored papers for making the vase
Step 2: Fold the Paper Strips
- Take one strip of any color and fold it in half longitudinally
- Once again fold it in half, so that the width of fold is 12.5 mm, having 4 folds
- Now fold at middle and then at 1/4th portion to form like a square
- Finally fold edges inside and make a "V" shape as shown
We need to fold all 72 pieces like this
Step 3: Start Connecting the Folded Strips
- Take one pink folded strip and one light green strip
- Insert light green strip through the pink one as shown. This will form a "L" shape with both the colored strips
- Continue connecting strips in a zigzag manner
Step 4: Make Rings
- Connect 9 pieces of pink and 9 pieces of light green to form one length of chain
- Fold the chain to a round shape and insert one end to another to close the ring
- Make 4 such rings with folded strips
Step 5: Close Bottom
- Place one ring on a piece of card stock and draw the circular outline
- Cut the card stock to size and attach the bottom with glue
Step 6: Glue All 4 Segments Together
- Glue on edges of each ring and join them together.
- Allow the glue to dry.
Our small Paper Vase is ready. You can use the vase to keep stationary items on your table or keep paper flowers in it
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017
1 Person Made This Project!
artpsychoblog made it!