Here are some easy steps in order to remove a background from a picture with Adobe Photoshop CC. Make sure to watch the video as you're following the steps in order to work with the same exercise files.
Step 1: Layer Unlocking
- Make sure your layer is not locked by checking if there is a key lock next to its name.
- If it is, unlock the layer by double clicking on it (or a simple click in CC version) and rename it.
Step 2: Option 1: Magic Wand Tool
- Select the "Magic Wand Tool" from the left menu.
- Choose a suitable value for the "tolerance" so that only the background gets fully selected.
- Once it has been completely selected, simply hit the delete key on your keyboard.
Step 3: Option 2 : Pen Tool
- Select the "Pen Tool" from the left menu.
- Draw a "point to point" around the shape you want to preserve.
- Click the "path" tab next to the "layers" tab, choose the path you have been drawing and double click it.
- Rename the path in order to save it.
- Click on the newly saved path and click on "load path as selection".
- In the "select" menu above, choose "inverse".
- Hit the delete key on your keyboard.
Step 4: Save Your Background Free Picture
- In order to save your picture without any background, click "File ==> Save as" and choose the ".png" file format.