- any type of thread
- a pair of scissors
- object that you're sewing the button on
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1
- Put the thread through the needle
Step 2: Step 2
- Get a reasonable length of thread (estimation) and cut it
Step 3: Step 3
- Make a knot at the end of the thread to prevent it from going through the materia
- Put the tip of the needle through the bottom side of the fabric and then through any button hole
- Pull needle completely through until you reach the knot
- Go through another button hole and pull it through completely
- Repeat steps 4-6 about 5 times more
- When the stitch is to your liking, flip it onto the backside
- Make a knot with the needle through the STITCH (not the fabric)
- Cut the thread
- ENJOY your new button !!