I use metal rings in many of my instructables (for example this or this), so I decided to show you how to make them :)
It's really easy!
You can use them for jewelry, bracelets, chains, armor etc..
You will need:
- steel wire
- pincers and pliers
,,,and I think that's it.
1) Take a wooden stick and drill a hole at the one end. You can use a metal rod which is better, but wood works just fine.
2) Put it in the drill. Cut a piece of wire and put the end of the wire through the hole and wrap it around the stick.
3) With your gloves on, carefuly start to spin the rod in the drill. This will cause a production of metal springs. It's advised to make some kind of frame which will hold the rod! Or you can make it in your hand as I did.
4) Cut the end of the spring and slide it down from rod. Now it's finally time to make metal rings! Take your pincers and cut the spring by thread.
I also sometimes stretch the spring before cutting, so I don't have to open the rings before knitting. :)
5) That's all folks!! You can now take your pliers and close rings or start to knit a chainmail armor! :D
Hope this instructable was useful for you! I'll be glad for comments!