If not careful, resin can sometimes find its way into the ring bearing on which Ember's resin tray pivots. To prevent resin ingress, users can install a simple shield.
- Download and print the attached STL "FDM-resin-guard-v1.stl. ABS or PLA at a layer height between 0.15mm and 0.3mm will work well.
- Carefully remove the resin tray from Ember
- Flip the resin guard so that the side with the arrow is facing up and the conic walls are facing down
- With the resin guard resting on the Aluminum Z-rail end block, hook the right recess around the rail and the rotate the guard in the direction of the debossed arrow to lock it around the Z-rail. There should be a firm click as the second recess retaining detent snaps over the rail. The guard should sit firmly in place and shouldn't rattle.
- Replace the resin tray and enjoy safer printing!
Special thanks to Paul Robbins for the design from which this was derived. Ember-printable version coming soon.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.