I like to recycle my old jeans into new products. This is a easy way to create a cool drawstring backpack from some jeans. I hope this will help you. It's pretty straightforward and not to difficult to create.
Step 1: Check Out My Quick Video Tutorial!
I hope this video will help you create this cool drawstring backpack.
Along with the video you can follow the (easy) steps below :-)
Step 2: Get Your Materials.
For this project you need
- Jeans (I used an old ripped jeans to recycle).
The tools I used are:
- Sewing machine
Step 3: Cut the 2 Jean Legs
- Turn your jeans inside out
- Get the 2 legs of the jeans; measure and mark the width of your bag.
Mine will be about 35cm
- Get your scissors and cut the 2 pieces.
Step 4: Open Up the Seams
Cut the seams to open the legs.
It will give you 2 pieces of fabric, something like in the image above.
Step 5: Creating the Tunnel for the String
Create 2cm cuts about 4cm from the top
Step 6: Creating the Tunnel for the String
Fold and sew the sides above the cuts.
Step 7: Creating the Tunnel for the String
Fold the top part horizontally and sew it to close the tunnel.
Step 8: Get 2 Belt Loops
Get the jeans and take 2 belt loops.
We will use them to secure the string at the bottom of the bag later.
Step 9: Sew the Bag (inside Out)
- Place in each bottom corner of the bag one of those belt loops
- Close the seam with the sewing machine. The left, right and bottom.
Step 10: Turn Your Bag the Right Side Out
Turn your bag the right side out
Step 11: Attach the String
- Attach the string as shown in the image.
- Make your string the desired length and get it through the belt loops.
- Secure it with a knot.
Step 12: Done ;-)
Now your bag is ready to go on adventures. I really find it handy to take those kind of bags with me when going to town or on a hike.
Thank you for having a look at my instructable ;-)
Please also check out my youtube channel