My wife... again...
She wanted somethign to sort in our laundry. She bought some of these strange things from IKEA. But it was only one solution far away from the best solution.
I convinced her to Build something great out of it which is more usefull. The requirements are somethign like.
- Better than before
- Extra storrage (for other strange things from IKEA)
- Table for temporary stuff
- "I don't want to bend down all the time"
Step 1: The Frame
For the frame I've used plane steel pipes.
The Bags from IKEA will be thread onto a M12 threaded bar. Therefore the nuts are placed on strategic optimal places ;-)
Step 2: A New Requirement
Her: "It would also be nice if I'm able to move the Table"
Me: "Then you should start weight training"
Her: "No, you have to solve it OR [Place some threat here]"
Me: "OK honney I'll add some wheels"
Due to our agile setup new requirements come in all the time.
Step 3: Add the Boards
For storrage I placed a OPC board and screwed it throught the wheelsupport.
The table is connected to the frame with a flap joint. Into the frame I've used a rivet into the Table ordanary screws.
Step 4: The Gas Pressure Spring
To easen the usage of the table and to add a end stop I've used a old gas pressure spring from an old project from my dad.
Step 5: Assembly
After I've painted all the steel parts, we've started the assembly. To prevent defects on the IKEA bags we used heat shrink tube. To look cooler I was forced to whear my hoody.