In this instructable I will show you how to take a drawing or design and carve it into wood.It is very easy and it only took about 30 minutes to make it.
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials
All you need is:
* a piece of wood( size depends on the design)
* either a carving or rotary tool
* a design or art work
* either a sharpie or paint (color doesnt matter as long as it isn't invisible, but that would be cool)
Step 2: Prepare the Wood
1) Draw a picture or take one out of something. You don't have to add the deatil like I did unless you want to carve it. (pic. 1)
2) Cut it out.
3) Tape it to the wood.
Step 3: Cut Into the Wood
1) Use the rotary tool and follow the outside line. If you are going to add detail then start in the middle because otherwise you will cut out the design
2) After you're done, then take the tape and paper off.
3) Draw out where the border of the picture design will be.
4) Color in with a sharpie or paint inside the border.
Step 4: Finish
1) Cut out your design from the piece of wood using a saw.
2) Finished, please put pics of how it turned out below.
Participated in the