Created in 2009 over two months. After being obsessed with BBC's 'Planet Earth' series, particularly the segment featuring Ibexes, I wanted to incorporate huge horns into a mask. The housing bubble had been in the news constantly. I used a Carpenter Gothic house for reference. My previous three masks had birds incorporated too and I wanted to continue with that theme.
- Horns, house, bird and talons carved from Ethafoam
- Forms covered in polar fleece and airbrushed
- Faux fur used for details
- House trim, shutters, door, steps and bushes cut from sheet rubber and hand painted
- Windows and talon nails cut from Makrolon polycarbonate sheet
- Bird eyes cut from ping pong balls, painted, white glare highlights cut from vinyl
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.