Intro: Mini Power Distribution Bus
Some times you need more pins for supplying power to your project, but a standard breadboard is just too big.
Here's a simple power distribution bus which can easily be soldered together.
Step 1: Components
Step 2: Tools
- Soldering iron
- Soldering lead
- Hot glue gun
Step 3: Put It Together
- Cut off an 8 x 2 strip of stackable female headers.
- Cut off a 1 x 2 piece of the male header pin.
- Assemble the parts on the board as shown in the image.
- Holding the board vertically, solder all the pins of the left hand column together so that they form the first distribution bus. Use an extra wire to connect them if necessary.
- Solder all the pins of right hand column together in the same manner. This forms the second distribution bus.
- Put a layer of hot glue over all the soldered area of the board as shown in the image.
Step 4: The End
Hopefully, this will solve the common issue of pin-shortage.
NOTE: Before plugging anything in, do a multimeter shorting test across all the connections to make sure that the two distribution buses haven't been short-circuited.