Introduction: Miniature Minecraft Cubes!
If you were looking for Papercraft you came to the wrong place, 'cause these aren't paper, they're solid wood.
The miniature Minecraft cubes are 2x2cm and are made out of wood which has paper stuck around it with the textures of miniaturised versions of Minecraft blocks.
They are awesome little things to stick in random places like on your computer, on the top of cupboards or even on window sill. They are really easy to make, only requiring some decent scissor skills and some patience.
Let's get on to making them!
Step 1: What You Need
Mini wood cubes (mine were 2x2cm)
Cotton buds or a paint brush
Not to hard? lets continue...
Step 2: Preparation
The only thing you will need to prepare for these cubes is the template, the template contains the texture of the miniaturised Minecraft blocks that you will be glueing onto the wooden cubes.
So a year later, the links have disappeared and files are gone - so I have made this new file containing some of the textures that were available before. File here: (.jpeg)(.pdn) (hopefully they won't be deleted now!)
So once you have those textures, now is the tricky part - you need to get it to print the right size that corresponds to the size of your wooden cubes. I used Photoshop where you can view the document in 'Print Size' which should be the size it prints at, however Photoshop is usually wrong about your monitor size etc and gets it wrong, but luckily there is a fix here.
Step 3: Making the Cubes
1. First start by printing the template out. It should come out the same size as your cubes if you did it right.
2. Cut the template out
3. Fold the template along the lines
4. Get out those cotton buds and glue and start by dabbing the cotton bud in the glue, then spread the glue onto 1 face of the cube and then press down so that it is flat.
Repeat for all the faces
5. Now leave them to dry overnight.
6. If there is some paper coming over the side of the cube you can now use your scissors to cut it off.
Ta da! You're done.
First Prize in the