I am a fanatic about recycled magazine/ paper crafts.
There is great joy in creating something beautiful and useful from what most people throw away or toss in the recycling. This is one such craft made out of waste papers .
Flower frame looks great as showcase piece, wall hangings and also in wedding decorations.
Step 1: Materials and Tools Used
Newspaper / Magazine Paper
Fevicol / Glue
Paint (Your Choice)
Toothpick / Stick
Scissors / Knife
Step 2: Petals
- Any sized papers can be used for making the flower, but it should be in square shape.
- Here we are going to make 1 big, 4 medium and 4 small sized roses. To make a single rose we will need 4 square shaped papers.
- Fold the paper diagonally thrice to make it a triangle. Draw two arcs over the paper, one at the top and another at the bottom
- Cut over the lines to get the petals of the flower. When you unfold the paper you can see a hole at the center and curves at the edges. Each curve serves a petal and you get 8 petals for each square shaped paper
- Make such petal from other 3 papers
Step 3: Petal Rings
- Now you have 4 petal sheets. Cut 1, 2, 3 and 4 petals from each of the petal sheets
- So, you will be having one single petal, two joined petals and likewise, upto 7 joined petals. You will get 2 set of 4 joined petals. One of them is superfluous and can be removed
- Take the 7 joined petal sheet and paste the ending petals one over the other. Do the same for up to 3 joined petal sheets. So the 7 petal sheet will become closed 6 petals ring and so on..
- With the help of a tooth pick or any thin stick, fold the edges of all the petals.
Step 4: Petal Rings to Flower
- Take a small paper chit for the base of the flower.
- Paste the petal sheets on the flower base one after other starting from the bigger ring till 2 petals ring.
- Wind the 2 petals open sheet, length wise with the tooth pick and paste the edges. Similarly, wind the single petal, paste the edges and paste inside the two petals fold.
- Paste them also with the flower base.
Step 5: Frame
- Roll the full newspaper sheet diagonally to make it a hardstick.
- We have used 10 sticks, ideally you can use any number of sticks based on the frame design.
- Arrange 5 sticks horizontally and above that arrange the remaining 5 sticks vertically.
- Glue the sticks and with the help of the cutting plier give it a hard press.
- Trim the edges into equal size.
Step 6: Colouring the Flowers and Frame
- Use spray paints to colour the roses and the frame with your favourites.
Step 7: Final Makeover
- Arrange the roses on the frame of your choice. Here Bigger rose is kept in center to smaller roses to corner.
- Glue the roses over the frame. And now the flower frame is ready to hang on the walls.
- Arrangement of frame and Number of roses depends your choice.
Step 8: Colorful !!!!
I hope you love these as much as I do. Enjoy!