This is my first Instructable. In this Instructable I am going to show you how to program an Arduino with another Arduino. No drivers are needed! This Instructable is also useful for uploading sketches to Chinese Arduino's
Step 1: Things Needed
1. An Arduino (To Program)
2. Another Arduino (Which is to be Programmed)
3. Some connecting wires
4. A Computer (To Upload Code)
Step 2: Wiring It Up
Connect the Arduino which will program the other Arduino to computer.
Now wire up this Arduino (In my case UNO) to the Arduino to be programmed (in my case NANO) as above.
Step 3: Uploading Code
Open Arduino IDE
The next steps are:
1. Select the board which you are using to program by going Tools > Board (In my case UNO). Also select toe port of your board by going to Tools > Port.
2. Open the ArduinoISP code which ca be found by going to File > Examples > ArduinoISP.
3. Upload the sketch.
4. After Uploading the sketch, again go to Tools > Board and now select the board which is to be programmed (In my case NANO).
5. Now open the sketch which is to be uploaded.
6. Go to Tools > Programmer and change it to Arduino as ISP.
7. Now go to File and select Upload using Programmer.
Your sketch will now be uploaded without any trouble.
You can refer to the images above.
If any trouble occurs you can comment that!