Introduction: Provencal Potatoes
In this instructable I will show you how to make Provencal Potatoes. This easy roasted potatoes recipe is probably my favorite potato dish. It also reminds me of a cool medieval style plate, and brings me back to one of my favorite time periods. Usually once a year my brothers and I make a huge medieval feast and these potatoes are right there on the table. haha. They are really easy to make, simple ingredients, if I can make them, you can make them! Let's get roasting!
Don't forget to follow me and check out my other instructables I have a lot of them! :)
If you have any questions or comments leave them down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Follow the easy steps or watch the short video tutorial or do both. :)
Step 1: Ingredients/Tools
- 1 lb. (about 3 cups) new potatoes, potato medley. (purple, red, and yellow potatoes, washed, and unpeeled) (680g)
- 1 cup of boiler onions or pearl onions, or any small round onions, or cut up a large one into chunks (125g)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes (150g)
- 6 to 8 cloves of garlic (add more or less)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (mmm extra garlic flavor) (5g)
- 2 Tbsp. of olive oil (may need more, just enough to coat everything) (30ml)
- 1/2 tsp. of ground black pepper (2g)
- 1 to 2 tsp. of kosher salt (5 to 10g)
Some optional ingredients include:
- Large Bowl
- Roasting Pan or Sheet pan
- aluminum foil or silicon baking mat (optional)
Step 2: Combine Those Ingredients
First let's preheat the oven to 400 F. or 204 C. Then combine the potatoes, onions, and cherry tomatoes into a large bowl. My tomatoes came from my garden! :)
Step 3: Smash That Garlic
Now let's smash our garlic cloves, I just use the flat part of my knife. Then add them shells and all into the bowl. The shells help protect the garlic from getting to burnt in the oven.
Step 4: Oil, Seasonings, Mix
Now lets add some olive oil. About 2 Tablespoons, more or less, we just want to be sure everything gets coated evenly. Now add in your salt, pepper, and garlic powder if you want that extra garlic flavor. Mix with your "clean" hands, or use a spoon.
Step 5: Bake!
Now add the potatoes mixture to a sheet pan or roasting pan and bake for 15 minutes. Then turn the heat down to 375 F or 190 C. Next bake for 15 minutes more, then stir the mixture, finally baking for another 25 to 30 minutes, until when you poke a potato it is nice and soft. After baking the potatoes let them cool a bit before serving. They taste good warm, room temp, or even cold. :)
Step 6: Video Tutorial
Now watch those steps in action by watching the video tutorial. :)
Runner Up in the