Introduction: Puzzle Pet
Puzzle Pet - Lion
Fun Puzzle for the little ones
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Step 1 Materials
Scraps white and red fleece
1/2 yard yellow print fleece
2 black safety eyes and washers
18" brown embroidery floss or No. 8 pearl cotton
Basic sewing supplies and equimpment
Step 2: Step 2 - Project Notes
Read all instructions before beginning this project.
Stitch right sides together using a 1/4" seam allowance
unless otherwise specified.
Materials and cutting lists assume 54 inches of usable fabric width.
All patterns needed are attached
Step 3: Step 3 - Cutting Out
Transfer all marking from pattern pieces after cutting
From White fleece:
Cut 1 Lion muzzle and 2 Lion Tail tips
From Red fleece:
Cute 2 Lion Manes and 4 Foot Pads.
From Yellow fleece:
4 Lion ears
1 Lion Head
2 Lion tails
Step 4: Step 4 - Completing Rings 1 and 2
Ring 1 and 2 each consist of two standard segments and two legs segments.
1. For each wedges - pin two wedges right sides together.
Leave top of curved edge and seam between squares open.
2. open wedge curved edge and pin to either side of cap
matching circles on wedge and cap: stitch
3. Clip curves and trim corners to reduce bulk.
Turn segment right sides out through side opening.
4. Stuff firmly - Close the opening with a ladder stitch.
5. Prepare leg and foot patterns. Cut eights legs and four foot pads.
6. follow above to sew and stuff the legs.
7. Sew wedges and leg segments together
Step 5: Step 4: - Completing Ring 3
Ring 3 consists of two standard segments, a head and a tail.
1. Follow the steps before - Puzzle ball segment
2. Prepare tail, tail tip, ear, head, muzzle and mane patterns from pattern.
3. To create tail, layer tail tip and tail, right sides together, and stitch between small circles. Repeat with the other tail tip and tail piece.
4. Position and pin assembled tail pieces right sides together, matching seams. Stitch leaving straight
edge along bottom open. Clip curves and turn seam allowance on tail to reduce bulk.
Turn right side out.
5. Stuff tip of the tail firmly, leaving remainder unstuffed.
6.Center assembled tail on right side of cap aligning raw edges with the edge of cap. Baste in place.
7.Sew segment as above. catching raw edges of the tail in the seam between the cap and one wedge. Remove basting stitches. Turn segment right side out, stuff firmly and close opening with
8. Pin two ears right sides together and stitch leaving opening along straight bottom.
clip curves and turn right side out. Repeat to create a second ear.
9. Position and pin two mane pieces right sides together. Stitch outer curved edge, between circles
leaving the inner circular edge open. Clip curves and turn right side out, being sure to poke
the curved parts of the mane.
10. Position and pin the muzzle on the head, right sides together, aligning triangle.
11. Align remaining points on the the head and muzzle and pin. Stitch from left-hand circle through triangle
to right-hand circle.
12. Stitch darts on face as marked
13. Position and pin ears on the face, aligning the raw edges of the ears with the edge of the face between squares, baste.
14. Position and pin mane on the head, matching square on the mane with the center on mane with circles
on muzzle, baste.
15. Position and pin two wedges right sides together. Sew sides, leaving top curved edge and side opening unstitched. Position and pin assembled head on assembled wedge, right sides together, aligning wedge seams with darts on each side of head, Stitch, clip seam allowance and remove basting stitches. Turn segment right side out.
16. Insert safety eyes - Stuff firmly - Close opening with the ladder stitch.
17. Embroidering a face, with nose and mouth and whiskers.
Step 6: Step 5 - Assembling
To assemble puzzle
1. Place leg of on segment through the other leg segment.
2. Place all points to the inside.
3. Slide the head and tail segment through legs making sure each section is place in the
middle of the leg segment - all points to the middle.
Participated in the
Homemade Gifts Contest 2016
Participated in the
Soft Toys Challenge
Participated in the
Sewn By Hand Challenge