This is a how to on making your own personalized water color artwork on a tote bag.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Supplies Needed
● Sharpies (Any Color)
● Spray Bottle
● Rubbing alcohol
● Large letter stickers, Stencils, Masking Tape (Any type of thing to block areas of your choosing)
● Any white/ Cream fabric, paper, or other absorbent material
● Material to cover work area
Step 2: Time Required
This project takes at least 10 minutes minimum but could take much longer depending on how much time you spend decorating your bag.
Step 3: Helpful Tips
1. With fabric, washing may or may not be ruined. Wash at your own risk
2. Play around with different rubbing alcohol techniques. Use Q-Tips, paper towels, and other materials to reach desired effect
3. Do this in a well-ventilated area
Step 4: How to (part 1)
1. Cover work surface
2. Fill spray bottle with rubbing alcohol
3. Map out desired print onto material
4. Use sharpies to color the area around your stencil ( design to your likings)
Step 5: How to (part 2)
5. With stencil still attached, spray lightly with rubbing alcohol
Step 6: How to (part 3)
6. Spray more rubbing alcohol as desired (you can remove stencil)
By removing stencil this can affect the way the colors bleed into each other.
7. Let dry overnight
8. Project is complete.