How to make simple, cheap, yet effective sling shot pellets.
In this instructable I will describe different types of ammo you can make for your sling shot.
This is my first instructable, so please be patient and comment to help me improve.
I will show you how to make hard pallets, soft pouncy pallents, and U-shaped metal pallets.
Step 1: Hard Pellets - Step 1
This is the part where I will show you how to make hard pellets.
What you need is:
1. a strip of hard rubber
2. electical insulating duct tape (any color you like.)
3. marker (opional if you want to draw or color your pellet)
1. Choose the size of the rubber you want. This all depends on the size of your sling shot. I chose a size of 2cm by 5cm.
2. Mark the size with your marker.
3. Then cut the rubber to the size you decided.
Step 2: Hard Pallet - Step 2
4. Roll the rubber you have just. (Once again, you decide the size.)
5. While holding the rubber tight in the roll, start surrounding it tightly with the tape. keep on surrounding it until it is tightly held together like in a capsule.
6. If you want it to be really strong, add even more tape.
(7. Surround it with a layer of white tape, if you want to design it)
VOILA! You have just built your Hard Sling Shot Pallet!
Step 3: Bouncy Pallet !
Now you can learn how to make a bouncy sling shot pallet...
What you need is...
1. An old key-board
2. Electric insulating tape (the one used in the previous steps)
First, dismount an unused keyboard. You should notice a kind of thin elastic platform. take it apart. That's the part we will be using. (NOTE: You won't have many spare keyboards, so try not to loose this cool ammo!)
1. Cut a 7cm x 13cm piece from this rubber-like sheet.
2. Bend this rubber in half, them again, and again till you have a rubber square shaped object slightly larger than a large marble.
3. Start surrounding the rubber with tape. Surround it the same like we did in the previous pellet. Do not put a lot of tape since we want to keep the rubber's bounciness. (Just enough for the rubber to stay in place)
You have just built your Bouncy Sling Shot ammo!
Step 4: The U-Shaped Ammo!
This step will now show you have to make an easy, light, and quite dangerous sling shot ammo.
The materials you will need are:
2 Pliers (1- diagonal and 1- combination) - check the images below.
a thick wire (a piece can be cut from a coat hanger)
a (black) marker
1. Cut piece of wire using a "diagonal plier". (The length will vary on the size of your sling shot's pouch. Calculate it's perpendicualr height, and cut the wire about x3 the size.) - check the image when i comare the size.
2. Use the "combination plier" to straighten the cut piece of wire.
3. In the middle, mark with the marker two points which are of the same lenght of the size of your sling shot's pouch.
4. use the "Combination plier" to bend the two ends of the wire in a vertical position, slightly on the outside of the marker markings; creating a U-Shape!
(5. Cut only extra piece jotting out which makes the U unequal - optional-)
You have just made your U-Shaped Sling-shot ammo!
Step 5: Voila!
You have just created 3 different types of Sling shot ammo. Hope you liked them.
Below are 3 pictures of my Sling shot. If anyone is intereted in how I hade the rubber bad and pouch part, just post a comment and I will make an instructable on it.
Have Fun... (Be responsable with the U-Shaped ammo.)
Try to throw the bouncy amm when you are pretty close to a wall, and try catching it back!
(PS: Hippo Harmonizer is uses the same metal shape, except for the curves at the tip, which I used in the U-Shaped ammo, just to give you an idea.)