Intro: TRUCK BED DRAWERS
- This is my truck bed drawers i made. this was not my idea, many people have made these but there is no instructable. so here it is.
- these drawers are great i load the heavy with tools and they still work great.
STUFF YOU WILL NEED-
- 1 - sheet 3/4 plywood
- 1 - sheet 1/4 masonite
- 1 - sheet 1/4 plywood
- 4 - 1x4x 8'
- 7 - 1x10x 8'
- 3 - 1x12x 8'
- 4 - 1x1 square tubing
- 50 - bearings that fit over a 5/16 bolt- i got mine from E-Bay
(Qty.50) 608-2RS two side rubber seals bearing 608-rs ball bearings
- 24 - 1 1/4 - 5/16 bolts
- 12 - 2 1/4 - 5/16 bolts
- 50 - 5/16 lock nuts
- 70 - 5/16 washers
- wood glue
- 1 - small box 1 1/4" wood screws
- 1 - small box 2" wood screws
- 2 - slide latches
- 2 - handles
- 4 - piano hinges
- 4 cabinet pulls
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED-
- circular saw
- jig saw
- screw gun
- tape measure
- table saw
- paint roller and brush
--- WATCH THIS VIDEO --- WATCH THIS VIDEO --- WATCH THIS VIDEO ---
Step 1: Build the Frame
- cut your masonit and 3/4 plywood about a half inch short of the length of the inside of the bed.
- cut 2 - 1x12 and the 2x12 to 3/4 inch less then your plywood.
- cut 1 - 1x12 to 4'
- glue and screw them together like the photo. the board on the face was temporary.
- slide it in the bed and center it.
- if you have a bed liner, mark the ribs at each corner. then drill the 4 corners and insert a 1/2" bolt.
- the frame will not be able to slide let or right. [as seen in photo]
- build your drawers 2 1/4" less then the openings.
- cut a 1/4 inch grove at the bottom of the 1x10" and glue the plywood to slide in for the drawer bottoms.
- bolt the square tubing to the side of the drawers. about a 1/4 of the way up from the bottom. making sure that the drawer will be about 3/8" above the masonite.
- then bolt the bearings on top and bottom.
- there should be at least a 1/8" gap between the top bearing and square tubing when drawer is closed.
Step 2: The Top
- screw the plywood on the top of the frame and slide in the truck.
- then take the 1x10 and trace the profile of your bed sides.
- cut out and connect with piano hinge. install pulls to open.
- i put braces down to hold weight.
- you can add level holders and such if your using tools.
- then paint if you want it painted,
Step 3: Lights
- i then siliconed a 16' of - 5630 waterproof flexible leds -
- and a switch to turn them on and off
- this is very bright when dark out.
Step 4: Finished
- i hope this helps you build your own drawers.
- thanks for viewing.
aidworker made it!