Here is a really quick video of the process:
The steps that come up next are the cheat sheet you need to make this happen. :)
To make the chainmail you will need to get some files and laser cut, cricut, CNC or what ever cutting method you prefer out of EVA foam. You can also 3D print the STL out of flexible filament if you want.
First you will need to download the files from this thiniverse post, or from this instructable. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3619166 There are many formats and hopefully I have made the one you need.
You will need to buy some 2-3mm thick craft foam or EVA foam. I get mine in rolls here: https://amzn.to/2PXNMYa
- Laser cut the foam using the files at thingiverse or attached to this post out (if you have a laser) if not use what you have...
- Knit the parts together like in the photos. You can also watch the YouTube video attached to see it in action
- The knit pieces want to make a tube so use a heat gun to flatten the knit pieces you have
- Add another couple strings of the laser cut pieces
- Heat gun
- Until you have a sheet of light weight chainmail you can use.
Step 2: Take Back the Holy Land!
Now with your newly made chain mail make some Armour to take back the holy land!
Some things to note:
- You can cut this out of pretty much any flexible material and have it work the same
- 3d printing with flexible filament is something I have not tried yet but am 99.999999% sure it would work amazingly
- Add a leaf to the bottom of the links and you now have dragon scale mail! (I will be doing this shortly and will up load the files for you.
First and foremost though. Make and have fun!
This is an entry in the