Turn a basic thrift store blazer (or one of your own) into an Alice In Wonderland inspired outfit for Valentine's Day.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: See Exactly How to Make It Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Black and white striped fabric
Thrift store blazer
Americana Multi-Surface Satin Paints (Flamingo Pink and Cotton ball)
DecoArt Glamour Dust
2 yards pink ribbon
Step 3: Here's How
1. & 2. Trace a large heart on the center of the jacket back and paint it white
3. When dry, edge with Fabri-Fuse and glue on sequin trim
4. Fill in with DecoArt Glamour Dust to add some sparkle
5. Draw two small hearts on the front hem and paint white and then pink
6. Paint with Glamour Dust and then glue sequin trim around the edges
7. Cut two pieces of striped fabric that are 31" x 8"
8. & 9. Stitch the 8" sides to create two tubes
10. Hem one side of each tube by turning 1/4" twice
11. Gather the raw edge of each tube by pushing the fabric under the presser foot
12. Pin the gathered edge to the end of the cuff as shown and stitch around using 1/2" seam allowance
13. Cut 4 pieces of 30" x 3" fabric strips
14. & 15. Hem each side by turning the edges 1/4" twice
16. Gather the hemmed strips under the presser foot while stitching down the center to create ruffles
17. & 18. Glue around the collar with Fabri-Fuse and then pin in place while the ruffles dry
Participated in the
Valentine's Day Challenge 2016