Here is an Instructable on how to make a pair of shoes out of duct-tape. Different colored duct-tape can be used for this, but I used just the normal, gray color because that is all I had when the idea came to me.
Step 1: Materials
These are the materials that you will need:
- scissors (only if available. I think that this instructable would be very handy in a situation where shoes may not be available and that will probably mean that other things like scissors may not be available either. Who knows what type of scenario you might be in that may require you to know how to make a pair of duct-tape shoes)
- sole inserts from an old pair of shoes
Step 2: The Back of the Shoe
1) Put your foot on the sole insert and make a mark with a marker on each side of the sole where you want the top of the shoe to end. Do this for both of the sole inserts at this time.
2) Cut a piece of duct-tape that is long enough to go around the heel and about an inch past each marking that you made on the sole insert.
3) Carefully wrap the piece of duct-tape around the outer edge of the sole.
4) With multiple small pieces of duct-tape cover up the sticky parts of the back of the shoe.
Step 3: The Top of the Shoe
1) Stick a long piece of tape to the bottom of the shoe so that when you wrap this piece around the shoe the sticky side will be on top.
2) Put your foot in the shoe and wrap the long piece of tape all the way around the top of your foot and stick it to the other side. Make the tightness to your preference.
3) Cover the sticky side of the tape on the bottom with small pieces of tape.
4) Moving towards the toe, with another piece of tape do the same thing. Make sure that there are no wrinkles on the top of the shoe, so if the tape needs to be slanted to fit comfortably against your foot that is alright.
Step 4: The Toe of the Shoe
1) Put a piece of tape on the toe, the same way you did with the other pieces of tape, in the direction that would make an "x" shape in relation to the last piece of tape.
2) With a piece of tape cover the toe in the opposite direction as the rest of the tape is going.
3) If there are any holes just cover them up with a small piece of tape.
4) Now just cover the inside out tape with more tape that is right side out to make it not sticky.
Step 5: Making the Other Shoe
To make the other shoe you simple just do the exact same steps you did to make the first one. Then you're done. Here is some pictures of the finished product.
Participated in the
Duct Tape Tough Contest