This salad is an nice way to get more fruits and veggies on Thanksgiving. :D Plus, it's super tasty and incredibly quick to put together.
The ingredients might seem like a strange mix, but they go perfectly together!
Oh, and did I mention Thanksgiving salad includes bacon? Cause it does.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients:
- 1/2 a pomegranate
- one butternut squash, roasted (see how here!)
- 3-6 slices of bacon (I went all out)
- a package of argula
- cheese of choice (I used goat cheese)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Step 2: Prep Work
- Roast the butternut squash at 400 F for 25-30 minutes or until nice and soft.
- Deseed the pomegranate, rinse well and set aside.
- Cook the bacon and drain it on paper towels.
Doing it this way means the butternut squash and bacon will be warm when added to the salad, which is really nice!
Mix everything together in a large bowl with a few glugs of olive oil. Taste for seasoning and add some salt and pepper if wanted. Now you're ready to eat! :D