So here's our sugru take on the classic snow globe.
For this project you will need:
- 1 mason or jam jar (with lid)
- spray paint
- red and yellow paint pens
- water & glycerin
- some christmassy bits and bobs for decoration
(we've used our Tubby Lego sugru Santa and a bottle brush for the tree)
- x2 minipacks of white sugru
Step 1: Make the Tree
- Spray painted it a nice shade of festive green.
- Then using red and yellow paint pens, we coloured the tips of the tree to look like baubles.
Step 2: Attach Your Christmassy Bits & Bobs
- Use a third of the minipack to attach your Santa
- Use the remaining two thirds of the minipack to attach the tree.
TOP TIP - sugru will cure under the water! but it if you prefer you can leave it overnight at this stage to fully cure.
TOP TIP - make sure not to stick anything to close to the edge of the lid, as it will stop you being able to screw it shut
Step 3: Mixing the Liquid
- Add a dash of glycerin (it helps make the 'snow' fall slower)
- Add some glitter and stir carefully with a spoon
- Screw the lid shut tightly
Step 4: Sealing Your Snow Globe
- split a mini pack of sugru into two pieces and roll them out into two sausages - each piece should be half of diameter of the jar (it's easier to roll out two smaller pieces than create one long one)
- press the two pieces to seal the join between the lid and the jar
- smooth the sugru with your finger
TOP TIP - use a little soapy water to get a really smooth finish to your sugru
- Leave to cure for a full 24 hours before shaking up a blizzard!