Only nine (9) major sub-assemblies (including the two tiny rear landing gear housing!) makes up this mini Battlestar Galactica Colonial Viper Mk II. This should should be an easy build even for novice hobbyists.
The Viper Mk II was the main fighter spacecraft used by the Colonial Defense Forces against the Cylons in the 2003 remake of Battlestar Galactica. A Mk I from the 1978 series should also make for an interesting one-day build.
The only major challenge in this project was in fabricating the top engine and engine exhaust nozzle. The engine exhaust nozzle should fit snuggly inside the shaped housing at the rear end of the top engine.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
Tools used for this project were:
- Dremel MotoTool 3000 and MiniMite with the following attachments:
- 1/2" & 1/4" drum sander with fine/coarse grit
- disc sander with fine/coarse grit
- #100, 125 & 193 high speed cutter
- Regular cut-off wheel
- Olfa Cutter
- Mechanical pencil
- Fine tweezers
- Various clamps
- Elmers all purpose white glue