For those following the popsicle stick mini models series, I mentioned sourcing different sizes of wooden dowels from a local craft shop. The dowels were a savior for this project, handy for use in fabricating the four (4) engine assemblies and laser cannon receivers. It saved me the additional task of laminating several popsicle sticks together and shaping it into a cylinder. Hallelujah!
Aside from the wooden dowels, popsicle sticks (various sizes too!) and toothpicks, materials used were mostly from my spares box.
Tools used for the build were as follows:
- Dremel 3000 & Dremel Minimite with the following attachments:
- Coarse and Fine Drum sander
- Fine disc Sander
- #124 & #125 High speed cutter
- Standard & reinforced cut-off wheel
- #8193 Aluminim oxide grinding stone
- Olfa cutter
- Fine tweezers
- Mechanical pencil
- Various multi-purpose clamps
- Elmers White Glue
- Cutting mat