Introduction: How to Control DC Gear Motor by Using 160A Brushed Electronic Speed Controller and Servo Tester
- Voltage: 2-3S Lipo or 6-9 NiMH
- Continuous current: 35A
- Burst current: 160A
- BEC: 5V / 1A, linear mode
- Modes: 1. forward & reverse; 2. forward & brake; 3. forward & brake & reverse
- Weight: 34g Size: 42*28*17mm
- Application: 1/12 (or below) RC cars, trucks, crawlers, buggies, etc.
- Supported motors:
- -2s: 280 or 370 or 380 brushed motors (speed less than 30000rpm/7.2V)
- -3s: 280 or 370 or 380 brushed motors (speed less than 20000rpm/7.2V)
Step 1: Material Preparation
The attached photo shows the component needed In this tutorial:
- 2-3 Lithium Polymer / 6-9 NiMH
- DC Gear Motor
- Titan Servo Tester Three-Speed Switch With Indicator
- New Rain 160A Brushed Electronic Speed Controller
Step 2: Hardware Installation
The above diagram shows the connection between 160A Brushed Electronic Speed Controller,Titan Servo Tester Three-Speed Switch With Indicator and DC Gear Motor. Follow the Instruction below:
- Connect 160A Brushed ESC to battery
- Connect pin signal 160A Brushed ESC to pin out Servo Tester.
- Connect pin output 160A Brushed ESC to DC Gear Motor.
- Adjust servo tester's knob into middle position.
- Switch ON (Suis ON) the 160A Brushed ESC then tuning the servo tester's knob in clockwise to make motor move forward.
- Tuning again the servo tester's knob in counterclockwise to reverse motor.