Introduction: 3 Low Carb Meals in 1 Hour!
Are you busy and constantly on the go? Me too! I'm a teacher and mother to three sweet kiddos, but sometimes it is hard to keep up. Meal Prep is a vital part of my weekly routine. When I first began meal planning, it took SO long. Now, I have improved and can meal prep in just an hour on Sunday afternoons! We do not eat sugar or grains; in other words, we eat a low carbohydrate diet. Here are three healthy and delicious, low carb meals that you can prepare in just under an hour. Cheeseburger and cauliflower mac-n-cheese casserole, Chili, and what my family calls Lasagna Soup. The recipes are attached in a PDF. I hope you enjoy :-)
3 pounds ground beef
1-2 pounds frozen riced cauliflower
1/2 cup sour cream
2 blocks cream cheese
2 Tablespoons Butter
1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 can of tomato paste
3 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
One package sliced mushrooms
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Step 1: Brown the Ground Beef and Preheat the Oven and Chili Pot
- Using a large skillet, brown the 3 pounds of ground beef all at once. When the beef is almost finished cooking, add 1 tablespoon minced garlic and salt.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Turn the heat on under your chili pot and heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Butter a 9x13 casserole dish
While the ground beef is cooking, get your other dishes/oven ready. Then move on to the next step.
Step 2: Frozen Riced Cauliflower
I use two one-pound bags and cook them in the microwave. While the cauliflower is cooking, move on to the next step. When the cauliflower is cooked drain as much water from the cauliflower as possible. I layer paper towels on a plate them put the cauliflower on top then cover that with more paper towels to soak up the water.
Step 3: Prepare the Veggies
- Wash and slice the zucchini into 1/2-1 inch rounds.
- Dice the onions
- Slice the mushrooms (or buy pre-sliced)
Step 4: Cook the Veggies
- Put zucchini, mushrooms, and 1/3 of the onions into the Instant Pot with 1 cup of water and sprinkle with salt.
- Close the steam valve and cook on Manual for 1 minute.
- When they are finished cooking release the pressure and drain
- Return the veggies to the pot
The onions should be done cooking around the same time as the ground beef is finished. Now you are ready to assemble your dishes.
Step 5: Make the Cheese Sauce for the Casserole
- In a saucepan, melt butter then add cream cheese and cream. Stir until the cream cheese has melted.
- Add in sour cream, stir until combined.
- Finally add shredded cheese and stir until the cheese is melted
- Pour over the top of the beef and cauliflower
Step 6: Divide the Beef
- Put 1/3 of the beef into the chili pot
- Put 1/3 into the Instant Pot
- Put 1/3 aside for the casserole
Step 7: Assemble the Chili
- Add seasoning mix and one cup of water
- Simmer until it begins to thicken
- Add one can of tomato paste and stir until combined
- Add in cans of tomatoes and bring it back to a simmer.
- Allow the chili to simmer and thicken
Step 8: Assemble the Lasagna Soup
- The beef and veggies should be in the pot
- Add a block of cream cheese on top of the meat and veggies
- Pour the whole jar of sauce on top
- Be sure the steam valve is closed and cook on Manual for one minute
- Quick-release when finished and STIR
- Add 1/2-1 cup of mozzarella
Step 9: Assemble the Cheeseburger Casserole
- Put the cauliflower in a buttered dish (this is a good time to salt the cauliflower)
- Stir 1/3 of the onions into the ground beef and put on top of the cauliflower
- Pour the cheese sauce over the beef and cauliflower
- Top with more shredded cheese if you like.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes of until the cheese is melted.
Step 10: Enjoy!
Participated in the
Meal Prep Challenge