Introduction: Beer Caramel PopCorn
In preparation for a trip for this coming long weekend in Canada, my good friend and I went to the mall. As we were leaving, I saw a popcorn store and the smell of fresh popcorn struck me and I suddenly thought how would it be if I use beer to make this popcorn. I had no clue how beer would react to sugar and had to no clue if it would form a nice sauce to coat the popcorn but thought of trying. I am so happy with the outcome, I can't express myself. I felt really proud making this today. I can proudly say that this is my best instructable so far and I hope there will be many more to come. Thank you to this contest owner for helping me bring out my imagination.
Step 1: Ingredients
For Making PopCorn:
- Corn Kernels - 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil - 3 tsp
- Salted butter - 4 tbsp
For Making the sauce:
- Corn syrup - 3/4 cup
- Brown Sugar - 1 cup
- Raspberry Beer - 1 cup
- Baking Soda - 1tsp
For Making Choco Melt:
- Semi Sweet choco chip - 1 cup
- Salted Butter - 1 tbsp
- For the final presentation:
- Dried raspberry
Step 2: Make Popcorn
- Heat oil in a pan
- When oil is hot, put the corn kernels
- Close the lid tightly
- Cook for a minute until all the kernels have popped
- Discard the unpopped kernels
- The popcorn is ready.
Step 3: Melt Milk Chocolate
- Boil water in a pan
- Use a heavy bottom vessel and place it above the pan with water. This is creating a double boiler to prevent burning the chocolate.
- Put the choco chips and butter in the vessel and stir well until smooth.
- The chocolate melt is ready.
Step 4: Make Beer Caramel Sauce
- Mix brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in a pan on medium high heat
- Mix well
- When it starts bubbling, pour the beer and mix well
- Drop a few drops of sauce in cold water. When it forms hard crystals, add baking soda and mix well.
- The Beer Caramel sauce is ready.
Step 5: Make Beer Caramel PopCorn
- Pour the beer caramel sauce on the popcorn and mix well.
- Spread the coated popcorn on a greased foil and let is cool to room temperature.
- The beer caramel popcorn is ready.
Step 6: Presentation
- Place the coated popcorns in a serving plate.
- Pipe the melted chocolate on it and add some dried raspberries.
- You could put the coated popcorns in ziplog bags and tie it with nice ribbons and give as gift as well. Enjoy!
Third Prize in the
Featured Author Contest: bricobart
Participated in the
squeeze more awesome out of summer contest