Introduction: Bird House From an Orange Juice Bottle
You have drank your juice ; now it's time to feed the birds !
- One bottle of juice (cardboard bottle)
- Strong glue
- Paint tube
- Shears / knife / scissor
- Thin piece of wood
- A small string
Step 1: The Hole
- Drink your juice
- Cut a circle in it, big enough for the bird, not to big for bird enemies.
Step 2: The Painting
- Paint the bottle nicely. Enjoy yourself, this is the funniest part on my point of view ! I used acrylic paintings.
- Let it dry several yours.
- Varnish the bottle with a painting blush in order to make it more resistant to the weather
Step 3: Cut Pieces of Wood
- From your garden or anywhere from outside (no need to buy it!), find thin pieces of wood
- Cut them into several pieces of the same size : as much pieces as you need to cover the top of the bottle (I needed 25)
Step 4: Glue the Roof
- Glue the pieces of wood side by side to cover the top of the bottle (use quite a strong glue which can resist the rain)
Step 5: Bird Perch
- Use a piece of wood long enough to make a perch for the birds
- Under the hole you've made, cut a small hole where to put this piece of wood.
- Make an other hole on the opposite side of the bottle in order to hold the piece of wood on both side of the bottle (it has to cross the bottle from inside)
Step 6: Hang the House Somewhere
- Make a small hole on the top of the bottle, large enough to put a string in it.
- Fill the big hole in the bottle with seeds for birds
Step 7: Find a Place Away From the Cats Where the Birds Can Eat Peacefully and Enjoy the Show !
Participated in the
Glue & Tape Speed Challenge