Introduction: Black Forest Cherry Cookies
Based on the German dessert "Black Forest Cake" these cookies have a sweet chocolate base with richness of cherry.
· 1 cup butter, softened
· 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
· 2 eggs
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 3/4 cup cocoa powder
· 2 cups all purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 cup granulated sugar for rolling
· ¾ cup of cherry preserves (Bonne Maman recommended)
1. Cream together butter and brown sugar with a mixer, about 3 minutes.
2. Add in eggs and vanilla, mixing until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, combine cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
4. Refrigerate dough for 1 to 1.5 hours.
5. Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough (around 2.5 tablespoons) and roll in hands until a ball forms. Then, place into granulated sugar, roll around to coat. Place sugar coated dough on a parchment lined baking sheet and make a thumb impression (wide enough to hold 2 tablespoons of preserves). Evenly add 2 tablespoons of cherry preserves to the indention. Bake at 350 degree oven for 9-11 minutes.
6. After removing from oven, allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes and then add an additional 1 tablespoon of preserves to each cookie.
Participated in the
Cookies Speed Challenge
1 Person Made This Project!
- WilkoL made it!
2 years ago
Nice job on these cookies :)
Reply 2 years ago
Thanks so much!! They are fun to make!