Introduction: Burger Dessert Imposter
I was deciding on whether to do a sweet or savory sandwich. Then I thought, why not do both! This "burger" will satisfy your sweet tooth while giving the illusion that you are eating a savory sandwich.
- 2 8-inch round vanilla cakes
- 1 8-inch round brownie
- 1/2 cup yellow fondant cut into squares with a length of 3 1/2 inches
- 1/2 cup red fondant cut into circles with a diameter of 4 inches
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut dyed green
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla frosting dyed yellow
- cake plate
- 10 inch cardboard round
- offset spatula
Step 1: Bottom Bun
Place 1 round cake on cardboard and center it.
Step 2: Meat
Place brownie on top of the cake and center it.
Step 3: Toppings
Lay on toppings. You can go in whatever order you want but I did yellow fondant (cheese), then red fondant (tomato) and then coconut (lettuce).
Step 4: Top Bun
Place second cake on top of the toppings and center it.
Step 5: Decoration
Using your offset spatula and the yellow frosting, create dome on top of the cake. Enjoy!
Participated in the
Sandwich Challenge 2020