Introduction: Cat Paper Hat
Paper is an incredible building tool and an accessible way to expand our understanding of 3D modeling. Let's build a classic Cat newspaper hat in the sixth of 8 Simple Newspaper Hat Tutorials. << Click the link to view the whole collection :)
Teachers and Parents:
For more details on how to extended this project for additional learning check out further resources in step 6. Topics include: Zoology, Domestication, and Evolution.
- Single Sheet of Newspaper. *Note: You can also use a large flyer or wrapping paper.
- Fold the newspaper in half, so that it forms a long rectangle.
- Arrange the rectangle so that the long OPEN edge is at the BOTTOM, closest to from you.
- With the open edge of the rectangle closest to you, fold one corner of the rectangle down towards the bottom, leaving about a 2" space at the bottom.
- Fold the second corner of the rectangle over in the same way, again leaving a 2" space at the bottom.
- Fold one sheet of the bottom 2" band up to meet the bottom edge of the two triangles you just folded and crease flat.
- Fold the same bottom band over a second time, this time along the bottom edge of the two triangles and crease flat.
- Flip the newspaper over, and fold one edge of the rectangle towards the center, and leaving a 1" gap from the center point.
- Fold the second edge of the rectangle towards the center, but again leaving a 1" gap from the center point.
- Fold the second sheet of of the bottom band up along the edge of the first bottom band you folded.
- Carefully fold over and tuck the end of the second sheet into the pocket created by the first sheet.
- Fold the top edge over and down, tucking it into the pocket along the band on the bottom edge.
- Open along the bottom and place atop your head !
Step 7: Extended Learning
Zoology, Domestication, and Evolution.
The History of Cats as Pets:
3D Designing with Tinkercad: