Introduction: Chocolate Balls With Oreo and Lotus
When I was little, I really liked eating two types of cookies: Oreo and Lotus. When I was at the Scout Summer Camp we used to make chocolate balls with biscuits every year.
I was thinking that if I could combine my two favorite types of cookies, I would also be able to upgrade the recipe of the original chocolate balls.
When I came home from summer camp, I tried to make the chocolate balls with the twist. After several times of trial and error regarding the right quantities, I came up with this recipe that in my opinion is the winning recipe for special chocolate balls that you can't stop eating.
Step 1: Tools + Ingredients
- Microwave oven
- Mixing bowl
- Microwave oven bowl
- Flat plate
- Wooden spoon
- 2 plastic bags (to crush the cookies inside)
- Rolling pin (or anything that will help you crush the cookies).
- 250g lotus cookies
- 150g dark chocolate
- 125ml of sweet cream
- 50g of butter
- 6 oreo cookies
desiccated coconut flakes
Step 2: Crush the Cookies
- Put the lotus and oreo cookies inside the plastic bag and put that bag inside another plastic bag.
- Take a rolling pin (or anything that will help you crush the cookies).
- Crush the lotus and oreo cookies until you create a sand-like and little bit of small chunks mix.
- Move it to the mixing bowl.
Step 3: Make the Secret Glue
- Break the chocolate and butter to small pieces in order for it to melt.
- Put them together with the sweet cream inside a microwave oven bowl.
- Into the microwave oven for 30 seconds.
- Take it out and mix it until the butter and the chocolate melt.
- If needed put it for another 30 seconds and repeat the process for a shiny chocolate sauce.
Step 4: Let's Mix It Up
- Pour the chocolate sauce into the mixing bowl with the cookies mix and mix it up until the mixture comes together.
- Now will be the time to bring someone you love to smell heaven =)
Step 5: Cool It Down
- Wrap the mixture with plastic wrap and take it into the refrigerator for 30 min.
- Note this stage is critical to make your life easier in the next step.
Step 6: Create the Magic
- Inorder to "Create the magic" set a flat plate with the desiccated coconut flakes.
- take each time small chunk and roll it in your hands to make a ball-like shape.
- Put the ball you created in the coconut flakes and wrap the ball with them.
- Put the coated ball on the serving plate and repeat the process with the rest of the mixture.
- I suggest you let it rest for another hour in the refrigerator before you eat it.