I started off this project due to my previous alarm clock starting to fail. The goal behind it was to make an IoT enabled clock that would sync with NTP servers as well as let me configure alarms via a web interface.
- LED easy wake (leds fade on slowly over 15 minutes before the alarm goes off)
- Bed Shaker (activates one minute before the alarm to give you just a bit more motivation to get up)
- Buzzer (you know what this is) Wifi alarm config via the esp8266
This was my first experience using KiCad and having a pcb manufactured. I decided on OSH Park as the pcb fabricator due to the turn around time and reasonable price.
Step 1: Getting Your PCB
Step 2: Solder It Up
For this step your going to need the following components.
- 3x IRLZ44N mosfets (less if your not going to use all the features
- 3x 10k resistors
- 1x wemos D1 mini (these come with headers)
- 1x 4pin male header
- 4x 2pin female headers
- 1x 3.3v voltage regulator board
- 1x 128x64 OLED display
Check out the pcb silk masks for soldering locations as well as the reference images. Also make sure to put a jumper on the PWR_EN headers. This was added so that if your using a variable voltage regulator you can leave this jumper off while setting the voltage.
Step 3: Program It
Participated in the