Introduction: Coconut Dream Dessert Balls (vegan Friendly)
If you love coconut, then this recipe is for you! These dessert balls are perfect for all situations! With nutty coconut and sweet vanilla, these bite-sized balls are the perfect thing to pop into your mouth between work, an add-on to your lunch, or just to eat for fun! And get this: they can be vegan too! To top it all off, they are made in a single bowl and only need a mixer or a blender! Read into this recipe to find out how to make the snack of your dreams.
For these balls of deliciousness, you will need the following:
- 1 Cup (200g) of Shredded Coconut
- 3 Tablespoons (14g) of Honey (To make this recipe vegan, simply substitute honey for pure maple syrup or agave. You can also just use any of these for availability)
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Tablespoon (1.5g) of Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Tablespoon (a pinch) of Salt
- A tray to hold the balls
- A freezer
Step 1: Step 1: the Only Step, Due to Simplicity!
Insert all ingredients into a blender. Once fully mixed together, scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the mix and form it into a ball. Put onto the tray (be sure to put parchment paper or tin foil on it first!), and repeat until all the "batter" is gone. Afterwards, insert the tray into the freezer, and let chill for an hour and a half. Once completed, you can store the coconut balls in an airtight container. Be sure to refrigerate!
(Another way to make these is to use a mixer instead of a blender.)