Introduction: Cooking Tortang Talong (Filipino Eggplant Omelette)
Recently, I bought some eggplants to cook, so when googling some recipes, I remembered my childhood eggplant dish -- Tortang Talong.
Tortang Talong is a simple yet delicious way of cooking eggplant.
Step 1: Ingredients
* 2 Eggs
* Cooking Oil
* Ketchup (Optional)
* Cutting board and Knife
* Small bowl
Step 2: Mise En Place
* Cut the stem off of the eggplant. Note that, I've also cut parts of the skin off, since I kept the eggplant in the fridge for too long and I needed to tell if has gone bad.
* Wash the eggplants
* Crack the eggs and scramble it.
Step 3: Boil the Eggplant
* To soften the skin, boil the egg plants in a pot of hot water.
* Cool the eggplant with cold water
* After boiling the skin of the eggplant will be easier to peel. Peel the skin of the egg plant by hand (no need for a peeler)
Step 4: Pan-fry or Grill the Eggplant
* Heat the pan on medium heat
* Add a bit of oil (about a couple teaspoon)
* Pan fry the eggplant until dark or black
Step 5: Battering the Eggpant
* Dip the eggplant in the egg
* Flatten the eggplant with the back of a spoon with the egg
* Drizzle more egg onto the eggplant until fully coated
Step 6: Frying the Eggplant
* Heat the pan in medium heat and pour the cooking oil
* Fry the eggplant and make sure that both sides are cooked.
* Frying time bout 3 to 4 minutes per side on medium heat.
* Season with a teaspoon salt and a tablespoon of vinegar
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017