Introduction: Creamy Garlic & Spinach Alfredo [Low Sodium]
Throughout this Instructable I will teach you how to make a tasty low sodium garlic and spinach alfredo dish with penne. For how delicious this turns out, you wouldn't believe how easy and quick it can be created.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 lb Penne
- 2 tbsp Butter, unsalted (olive oil works here)
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Spinach, fully packed
- 2 tbsp AP Flour
- 1 cup Chicken or Vegetable stock, no salt added
- ½ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Low sodium parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp Black pepper, fresh ground
Step 2: Cook Penne
Start a large pot of water on high heat. Once boiling, reduce to a medium-high heat and add penne to pot. Stir occasionally so pasta doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot.
Step 3: Add Butter and Garlic
- While the pasta is boiling, turn another saucepan on low-medium heat, add butter and bring to temp.
- Add your garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
Step 4: Creating the Compound Roux.
- Add your flour to the mixture and create a roux.
- Make sure to incorporate all of the flour into the butter as much as possible. You're looking for a paste like consistency with no visible flour left over.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 1-2 minutes.
- Add stock, milk, and spinach to the pan.
- Mix the spinach into the liquid to incorporate.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thickened and spinach is wilted.
Step 6: Add in Your Penne.
- Add your penne to the party.
- Stir in the penne to coat with your new wonderful alfredo sauce.
Step 7: Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, show it some love on my recipe website!
You can find the full, detailed recipe with nutrition information over on the website.
Participated in the