Introduction: Creamy Garlic Tuscan Salmon
If you are a salmon lover, this is the perfect dish to satisfy your seafood craving. It is quick and easy to make, yet flavorful! You can’t go wrong with pan-seared salmon, fresh spinach, and a creamy sauce. Enjoy!
· 1 lb. of Atlantic salmon skin off
· 1 small yellow onion (diced)
· 3 tbs of minced garlic or fresh garlic clove
· 2 cups of fresh baby spinach
· 1/3 cup of sun-dried tomatoes (drained)
· 2 cups of half and half or heavy whipping cream
· 1 cup of parmesan cheese
· 3 teaspoons of olive oil
· 1/2 stick of unsalted butter
· Seasoning of your choice for salmon
Season salmon with your choice of seasoning.
Heat olive oil in skillet on medium-high heat.
Add salmon to pan, flesh side down, and pan sear for 5-6
minutes each side. Remove from skillet then set aside.
Melt the butter in the same skillet. Add garlic and onion to the melted butter.
Sauté’ onion and garlic until golden brown (about 1 minute).
Add sun-dried tomatoes to the skillet that contains the onion and garlic.
Cook 1-2 minutes.
Reduce to low heat, then add half and half or heavy whipping cream to the skillet.
Whisk mixture occasionally and season to your liking.
Add in spinach and allow to wilt (2-3 minutes).
Add in cheese and whisk until the sauce thickens. If you would like the mixture to be thicker, add flour or cornstarch until desired consistency is achieved.
Add salmon to skillet and cover with the mixture. Serve with your favorite side dish.