Introduction: Customized Stamp
A short instructable where I show you how I made an personalized stamp for my brother.
Step 1: Materials & Tools
- stamp rubber
double-faced adhesive tape
- laser cutter
- pc with inscape, rhino and cura
- double-faced adhesive tape
Step 2: Designing the Logo and the Stamp
I designed the logo by using inkscape. For the body of the stamp I used rhino for the designing part und cura for the printing part.
Step 3: Printing the Stamp
Just send the data to the 3d-printer and start printing.
Step 4: Cutting, Cleaning and Gluing Volume 1
- just send your inkscape file to your laser cutter and start the engine
- notice to start the extraction because the fume of the stamp rubber smells really bad and I definitely think it can't be really healthy
- use the paintbrush to remove all the dust of the rubber
- I took the cleaned stamp rubber an put some double-faced adhesive tape on it's back and after the removal of the second protective sheet I glued it on the printed stamp
Step 5: Cutting, Cleaning and Gluing Volume 2
After I made some tests, I realized that the area around the single letters was so big that the ink often made some ugly outlines. To prevent this behaviour I had to do some rework as you see in the pictures.
I also put the double-faced adhesive tape on the backside of the rubber before I started laser cutting. By using this technique I didn't had to cut the difficult silhouette by hand.
Step 6: Bonus
It's always annoying when you can't find your stuff so I also made small stamp mount with an integrated place for the inkpad.
Step 7: Finished!
Here is the picture of the finished stamp. It was fun to built it, I learned a lot and my brother was really happy about his gift.
If you want to know something about his DIY-skills just visit his instagram profile:
Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed my instructable!
Participated in the