Introduction: DIY Mini UPS for Wifi Router
In this Instructables i will show you how make a power backup for Wifi Router / Modem at low cost.
This will helps to make your Work From Home flaw less with uninterrupted internet connection.
Step 1: Materials / Tools
- 0.28 inch DC LED Digital Voltmeter
- DC to DC Boost Converter with Micro USB Port
- Plexiglass / Acrylic sheet 2mm
- DC Male connector
- SPDT Slide Switch
- Hack Saw
- Soldering Iron
- Glue gun
- Double side Tape
- Wire Stripper
- Cutting Pliers
- Hole Saw
- Drilling Machine
Step 2: Acrylic Sheet Dimensions
Cut the Acrylic Sheet as per the requires dimensions.
Sides 2.7 mm X 3.7 mm - 2 pcs
Top & Bottom 2.9 mm X 3.7 mm - 2 pcs
Sides 2.7 mm X 2.9 mm - 2 pcs
Step 3: Drilling
Drill the Necessary holes for,
- USB Port
- Output Cable
- Trimmer Potentiometer of Boost Converter
- Slide Switch
Step 4: Assembling Components
Stick the Boost Converter and Switch to the Acrylic Sheet
Also attach the Male DC connector to the Acrylic sheet.
Step 5: Circuit Diagram
Step 6: Make the Connections As Per the Circuit Diagram
Step 7: Glue the Acrylic Sheets
Step 8: Applying Vinyl Stickers
Step 9: Testing
- Connect the module to power bank using USB cable.
- Check your Router adapter voltage and current rating.
- Check your Router Adapter output terminals using multimeter and make sure the module has same terminals.
- Adjust the Module voltage to your adapter voltage.
- Now connect the Module to the Router and Enjoy.
- Turn off the display using the switch to save some power.
Step 10: Warning: Read the Below Points Before Powering the Router.
- Check the Voltage and current rating of your Router Adapter and make sure you adjust the voltage of converter before connecting to router.
- If you router Power rating is more than 15 W maker sure you use Power Bank with Fast charging support and also the Boost converter with higher current rating. (Example : My Router power rating : 9V X 0.68 Amps = 6 Watts Power)
- Make sure the DC connector polarity before powering the Router.
Try every thing at your own risk, we are not responsible for any kind of damage or loss.
Step 11: Finished
That's it Now enjoy uninterrupted internet connection at your home...
Please do comment, like and share also if you have any questions please let me know in comments section...
For more videos check out my YouTube Channel
Participated in the
Work From Home Speed Challenge