Introduction: Dalgona Coffee Chocolate Cake (No Eggs, No Butter, No Cream)
Dalgona Coffee trend has been going around for months now, I too made it and it tasted delicious. When I whipped the instant coffee powder and granulated sugar mixture, it magically turned into light and fluffycreamperfect like a frosting. So I thought why not try making a chocolate coffee cake without eggs and butter and frost it with the magical Dalgona coffee frosting. So here you go .
Step 1: Ingredients
1) All purpose flour - 11/2 cup
2) Granulated Sugar - 1 cup
3) Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
4) Cooking Oil - 1/4 cup
5) Baking soda - 1 tsp
6) water - 1 cup
7) Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
8) Instant coffee - 1 tsp (more depending on taste)
9)Lemon juice / Vinegar - 1 tbsp
10) Chocolate chip - grated (optional)
For Sugar Syrup:
1) Sugar - 2 tbsp
2) Water - 2 tbsp
Dalgona Whipped Cream:
1) Instant Coffee Powder - 2 tbsp (can increase the quantity for intense coffee flavor)
2) Granulated Sugar - 1 Cup
3) Hot water - 1/3 Cup
Step 2: Making the Cake ( No Eggs, No Butter)
1) Preheat the oven to 350F and grease the baking pans ( I used 2 6" inch pans) and set aside.
2) In a mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking soda, instant coffee powder and mix everything well. Shift everything for better aeration.
3) In another bowl, add the water, cooking oil, vanilla extract and lemon juice and mix well.
4) Slowly incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
5) Pour the cake batter into the pans and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6) Remove the cake from the pans and allow it to cool completely and the frost the cake with dalgona coffee cream.
Step 3: Dalgona Whipped Cream (No Butter, No Cream)
1) In a mixing bowl, add the sugar , instant coffee powder and hot water and mix well.
2) Then using a electric mixer or hand mixer, beat the mixture until it becomes creamy and fluffy frosting. It will take about a few minutes.
Simple Syrup :
1) In a pan combine equal amounts of sugar and water.
2) Bring it to a boil, until the sugar dissolves.
3) Allow the syrup to cool.
Step 4: Assemble the Cake
1) Once the cake is cooled completely. Slice of the dome of the cake and level it.
2) Then brush the cake with the simple syrup first and then top it of with the fluffy dalgona coffee cream.
3) Then place the other cake on the top and brush it also with simple syrup and top it of with dalgona coffee cream.
4) Frost the cake completely with the dalgona coffee cream.
5) Grate/pulse some chocolate chips (thats what I had) and sprinkled all over the cake and top it with some more chocolate chips.
No Eggs, No Butter, No Cream Dalgona Coffee Chocolate cake is ready to be enjoyed!!!!!!
Participated in the
Baking Speed Challenge