Introduction: Disco Desktop Organiser
- triplex, thickness: 3mm
How many wooden plates depends on how big your lasercutter is... adjust the file on your maximum size wood plate... maybe you need more than 1 plate (keep that in mind).
- 6 x flash leds (i used 7 color flash leds)
available here: https://bit.ly/2VXQj7g
- 6 x 100ohm resistors
available here: https://bit.ly/2RNmBCU
- 1 x toggle switch
available here: https://bit.ly/2TTv5WC
- black&red electrical wire
available here: https://bit.ly/2DbkVes
- heat shrink tube (red)
available here: https://bit.ly/2Tz85vp
2 x AA battery pack
available here: https://bit.ly/2CnIO0y
- 2 x AA battery
- wood glue
- wooden hammer
- soldering tools
Step 1: Lasercut File
Download the file for lasercutting (.ai .eps)
Lasercut all the parts.
Engravings: 1. A position of the name on the front (just outline) so that you can place the separate letters correctly. 2. The text around the toggle switch "switch to party". If you prefer using the same font as in the file, it's a free downloadable font: Andora at https://www.dafont.com/andora.font
Step 2: Assembly of 'post-it' Holder
Gather all parts as seen in picture1.
Tools: wood glue, glue clamp, wooden hammer.
Follow steps in order of pictures.
Step 3: Assembly of 'pencil' Holder
follow examples in picture 1 to 5.
these assembly steps are done with the object turned upside down.
extra instruction for picture 5: after adding wood glue > flip the object 180 degrees so that the object is not upside down anymore.
Step 4: Assembly of Pencil Holder to Baseplate
assemble the pencil holder on the baseplate.
(baseplate is best seen in picture 2 > underneath the pencil holder)
Step 5: Assembly of Post-it Holder to Baseplate
follow examples in picture 1 to 6.
Step 6: Building Front Plate With Leds and Wiring
- First: solder de 100 ohm resistors to the positive leg of the flash leds.
- Put all leds in the front plate.
- Use the little 'handles' to fix the leds in position > use wood glue
- Solder all negative legs (parallel circuit)
- Solder all positive legs (parallel circuit)
- Solder positive wires to the toggle switch (use 2 connectors next to each other)
- Solder batterypack to positive wire of the switch
- Solder batterypack to negative wire of the switch
- FINAL CHECK: insert 2 x AA batteries to check your circuit.
Step 7: Final Assembly
Tools needed: wooden hamer & wood glue.
- Connect toggle switch to the casing
- Use the hammer gently to connect front plate to base plate (in photo the order is different but nonetheless very helpfull)
- Now connect the casing all around the front plate and baseplate.
- Finally connect the back plate
While using the wooden hammer > watch out for the leds! > don't crush them... ;)
Step 8: Finishing Touch: Personalize!
Colour the preferred name with 'ecoline'.
...or keep it blank... whatever you prefer!
Glue it to the box ... and VOILA!
1 Person Made This Project!
- Manon van der Sar made it!